Sunday, September 19, 2010

What do potties, pinatas, horses, and fishing have in common?

They are all activities that we've engaged in this month.

First off...Beck has been really excited to use the potty and he takes every opportunity to pull off his diaper and sit on the "pot." At least he's not in the potty.

I remember seeing a sign in Germany that read "the wurst is yet to come." And it showed up in Beck's bath the other day. Thanks, little man!

Below is the creepy Wal-Mart inspired smiley face pinata that Elle and I made. Little bit of water, flour, old news paper, a partially deflated Mylar ballon, a coat hanger from the dry cleaners, some spray paint, and a lot of patience and we had it done in no time.

Elle couldn't wait until family night to smash that thing open.
She's wants those prices to roll back even farther so she can afford all of that princess stuff that she always asks for when we go to Wal-Mart.

Next up...horses. Our niece Makenna has a horse named Dillon and Elle has been begging to ride it. So we went on a field trip to the barn down the road and saddled 'ole Dillon up and rode it like we stole it.
Hay! Wait a minute...does that horse have arthritis or is he wearing roller blade wrist guards?
Soak it up, Elle. 'Cause you're never going to get your own horse. Alicia stayed outside in the rain because her allergies were bothering her - all of the hay, straw, and horse hair.
These two sure were cute back in the saddle again - for the first time.
A real cowboy wears sweats and crocks to ride a horse. Not any of those tight jeans and pointy toed shoes.
"Dad, give me a horse or I'll take this gun out of my pocket."

Next up was the fishing trip. Out on the Columbia River by 6am to hook some mighty Salmon.
Wow, is that what a sunrise looks like? Haven't seen one of those in a while, because I'm always yelling at Beck to go back to bed around this hour.
I didn't catch this Sturgeon. One of the other guys on the fishing trip caught it, but you can get an idea of what it would have been like had I actually caught something. It would have been sweet.
I think we were one of the only boats out on the water that morning. Oh, except for the line of 30+ boats right in front of us. It was like Black Friday at Wal-Mart or Staples.

Josh - Out.

1 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

you are funny- poor deprived children (hah)