Once again...It has been way too long since I've posted. I blame Alicia. Not really, but we have been a little preoccupied with Alicia being pregnant and all...Enjoy the pictures of our early-fall trip to Mt. St. Helens.
I was teaching Elle about the sun and the moon and she wanted to know if the moon was out during the day too. It is...sometimes...here you go, Elle.
Look everyone! I'm hiking! Alicia.
We went with our friends Mike and Debbie. Animals just seem to flock to Mike. It must be his animal magnetism. Or the food that he was giving them.
Next, we went to the Ape Caves. We didn't see any apes there, but we saw a lot of rocks and felt a lot of cold air.
It looks like Alicia is on the dark side of the moon.
Proof that we were in the Ape Caves. The world famous meat ball rock. This rock is probably as big as a person. I think it was placed there by apes.
After the day was over we checked in to a bed and breakfast. Really it was just someone's unfinished house/lodge. If you look closely you can see that our room didn't actually have 4 walls. This is a partial wall and we didn't have a door to our room. That was fun!
I had the opportunity to dance with the town of Cougar's mascot. She was sweet, but we never spoke after that one dance. I think she felt awkward in front of the camera.
We hopped into a time machine and traveled back to 1980 before Alicia was born to see what Mt. St. Helens looked like before she blew her top. Looked like a mountain, right?
Here is a present day picture of St. Helens in the blast zone on the NE side. A little bit different, right?
Here we are in the blast zone. I'm glad we weren't standing here on May 18, 1980 along with Harry Truman.




6 comments:
Pregnant? Hmmmm....
Congrats!!! Glad to see you posting again. :)
preganant huh? that must be josh's other family :)
thanks for the update!
I do recall that last time I went to the Ape Caves was with you! Looks like a great trip.
Post a Comment