
The fireworks display on Pilot Butte is always fun. We were seated just down the hill from the display the concussions from the fireworks would shake the ground. Beck DID NOT like it at all. He just covered his eyes and his ears. Too long after his bed time I guess.
Flashback to a July 2nd. We went up to the Newberry National Park to do some hiking. We went on the Obsidian Flow. The forest ranger told us that Obsidian was very valuable for making tools even surgical tools and that there were only three obsidian flows in North America. I think I'll sell my interests in gold and purchase obsidian. The ranger said that I would have to travel back in time a few hundred years. I told him that I was working on that as well.... Are you sure that you're just a forest ranger?!?
Beck looking heroic on a gigantic bolder that is so sharp it could cut his leg off. Cute though.
Here is a view from the obsidian flow of Paulina Lake. It sure is pretty out here.
Who wants to have a snowball fight on the 4th of July? I do...and did! Of course with all of these girls around I was the obvious target, but I had an extra set of arms strapped to my back. I would make snowballs and hand 'em back to Beck and then I would arm myself. The girls didn't stand a chance.
Elle just can't smile normally. But it's funny. She looks cute with her hat standing in front of the waterfall down stream from Paulina Lake. Farther down the river is a place that is smoothed out so that they are like natural water slides. The indians used to slide down them.
This is one of my favorite angles of Mt. Bachelor (besides being up on it skiing). This is the southeast side with a view of Broken Top to the right.
Later that day we were up on the Northeast side of Bachelor and found this appropriately placed van down by the Deschutes river. You just know when you see a van like this that it is up to NO GOOD!
There was a concert going on (WEEN) in the Old Mill District so we went for a walk around. We came to the Brewery, which had really nice grass to run and roll down. Then the security guards came and shook us down. "No having fun here," they said...so we left.
Elle and Beck hanging on a petrified AFLAC duck. Beck is really going for the throat.
The 4th had a Pet Parade downtown. One of the memorable moments was when this dog flew by. He came prepared with his googles, but barely missed power lines. I would have paid to have seen THAT fireworks show.




1 comments:
I love the van down by the river. lol
Hope you guys are doing well, your kids look so grown up! At least Beck does, Elle looks pretty much the same, love that girl!
Post a Comment