Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter!

It's Easter time again and that means forcing my children to wear bunny ears and scamper all over the house like a bunny to collect eggs. Like a rabbit actually does that, but I find it hilarious. Here is Elle telling Beck how to find eggs. He doesn't really need help finding things, but it's better than his usual "Easter egg hunt" of finding tampons in the bathroom.
A nice close up of "Mr." He's not sure what is going on with all of this candy that he can't eat yet.
I couldn't find the white ears for beck, so he had to wear pink ears - sorry bud.

Finally found the white ears and once again forced the kids to do something they didn't want to do...hug dad.

A not so subtle metaphor - Elle WILL burst your bubble.
Ok. We re-enacted the nativity scene during Christmas and Elle loved it, so naturally I thought it would be a good idea to re-enact the resurrection. Alicia cautioned me that it would be better than the crucifixion, which after reflection I would tend to agree with her. You can see the fort on the left is the tomb and the Ottoman is the stone. Elle is Mary and the baby car is...still just a baby car. Beck is in the tomb waiting for the Angels to roll back the stone.
The angel (Dad) came and rolled back the stone to find a sad Jesus inside. I think he was sad because I had him in there for three days.
Elle loved this, if you couldn't tell. Beck not so thrilled about wearing a towel with a hole cut in it. Don't tell Alicia I did that. I don't think that the sweatpants are period typical, but do sweatpants ever go out of style? No.

1 comments:

Leah said...

Oh Beck is sure getting big! Excited for you guys to come back to this side of the country!