Sunday, April 18, 2010

Disney World for Real This Time

Some of you might remember that we went to Downtown Disney and "told" Elle that it was Disney World - how mean of Alicia to have suggested that. But, we caved and decided to go to the REAL Disney World. Look out crowds of Europeans and Northerners, here we come!
The tea cups were pretty wild. Usually Alicia is the one to get sick on these rides, but I think that Beck's experience would rival any that Alicia had, at least on the tea cups.

They thought they were pretty cool riding on the horses. They followed the mantra of Mickey, "may all your dreams come true."
I guess the carousel disappointed their dreams' expectations. Yep, they don't make rides like they used to - they're better now.
Elle loved Thunder Mountain. She came running out and said, "I wish Beck was big enough so he could go on Thunder Mountain, too." We didn't get any pictures of Elle on Splash Mountain, because Beck threw his bottle on the ground at the exact same time that Elle and Josh went down the big drop. Alicia was distracted and picked up the bottle. Thanks, Mr. B.
After Thunder Mountain Alicia said we should go to "_____." Josh understood "......." And naturally we got separated. Beck and I went to Buzz Lightyear's ride and Alicia and Elle headed to Pirates of the Caribbean. I tried calling Alicia, but she had lost her cell phone. Beck and I took some pictures by the castle while they were lost. Alicia finally found her cell phone on Thunder Mountain after I had called it so many times that someone turned it in to the "cast members."

Elle on Pirates. She had fun, but said that she was "a little bit scared, but not too scared because the pirates looked real." Ah, it is always fun to celebrate pillaging and plundering.
Calling all Space Rangers. That's us! Buzz needs our help to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg!
Elle is the left gunner and Josh is the right gunner. Beck is the pilot controlling the rotation of the space craft. His controls - the lever that says "spin." So, need I say it, we spun the whole time. I still qualified as a 1st lieutenant or something with 71,000 points. Not bad for spinning the whole time. I think the little Asian lady behind us was worth about 5,000 points each time I shot her.
Beck and I waited for Alicia and Elle to finish the Lilo and Stitch walk through. We saw plenty of space creatures outside of the rides as well. Well, at least some unearthly tight pants.
Beck got to see one of his favorite things - birds. He LOVES birds. So, when he saw Donald Duck's posse he flipped out.
What would a visit to an amusement park be without a trip to the first aid station? Not a trip at all. Beck was running a fever, because he is getting another tooth. I must say they were extremely nice there!
The happiest place on earth? Elle will be the judge of that. I think she was mad that the castle wasn't pink - how demanding!
Elle, look quick! The castle just turned pink! We were told that there would be fireworks at 9:00pm, but there weren't. There was a neat parade with glowing characters and freaky floats, but no fireworks. The kids fell asleep and we hopped the ferry back to the "less magical kingdom" called Orlando. We did get to see the fireworks from the car, but Elle was too tired to watch them for more than a minute. We got home about 1:30am, which was magical in my mind.

1 comments:

Amber said...

FUN! I want to come next time!