This first picture kind looks helter-skelter, but this is a pretty common sight mornings at the foot of our bed.
Elle decided she wanted to go skiing, so she put on a few of her favorite things: Goggles, her transformers pajamas, her bunny slippers, and bathrobe.
We went up to visit family for the Easter weekend in good 'ol Vancouver (the Couve). We went to Cousin Brayden's T-ball game and had a great time playing in the sunshine. Although Beck saw it as an opportunity to make a break for it. Warden Alicia wasn't going to let one escape on her watch. You can't see it in the picture, but there are towers with sharp shooters just to the right.
Elle was inspired by Joe Dirt's fashion as a child and decided to dress accordingly. Funny thing was that she fit right in with the neighborhood. She is really pretty good on the money bars too. I think that she might be an olympic hopeful.
Beck was trying to make this Dandelion fly. "Dad, they do this all the time on cartoons." He didn't really say that because he can't really talk unless it is "No, Elle, mine!"
Beck sure was excited for the Easter egg hunt. He ran as fast as his footy jammys would allow him and had to show me each one that he collected.
The gang. We stayed at our cousin's house and celebrated Easter with them. Here is an early morning family mug shot. I think this will be a favorite for years to come.
Elle decided she wanted to go skiing, so she put on a few of her favorite things: Goggles, her transformers pajamas, her bunny slippers, and bathrobe.
We went up to visit family for the Easter weekend in good 'ol Vancouver (the Couve). We went to Cousin Brayden's T-ball game and had a great time playing in the sunshine. Although Beck saw it as an opportunity to make a break for it. Warden Alicia wasn't going to let one escape on her watch. You can't see it in the picture, but there are towers with sharp shooters just to the right.
Elle was inspired by Joe Dirt's fashion as a child and decided to dress accordingly. Funny thing was that she fit right in with the neighborhood. She is really pretty good on the money bars too. I think that she might be an olympic hopeful.
Beck was trying to make this Dandelion fly. "Dad, they do this all the time on cartoons." He didn't really say that because he can't really talk unless it is "No, Elle, mine!"
Beck sure was excited for the Easter egg hunt. He ran as fast as his footy jammys would allow him and had to show me each one that he collected.
The gang. We stayed at our cousin's house and celebrated Easter with them. Here is an early morning family mug shot. I think this will be a favorite for years to come.
Every year I buy Alicia a white chocolate cross for Easter, but for some reason she wanted this instead this year. You can't see it but Alicia is in this picture. She's asleep and I...err...the Easter Bunny placed these on her while she slept. I think these chocolates still haven't been eaten. Probably because they are so special to her.
Next we went to cousin Ethan's birthday party. We had cake, ice cream, bbq, you know...a party. Beck ate 3 large pieces of chocolate cake and then subsequently had a breakdown.

Later that month Elle had a Tour de France at pre-school. She was so excited to ride her big bike. We got her this bike on craigslist, but I got home I realized that it was a 20" bike. Her last one was 12". She did pretty well on it, but she looks super small as if she couldn't really ride it. She did well, until she crashed in to her friend and then the Tour was over.
Yesterday we thought we should do some recycling. We took all of our cans and bottles to the recycling center and turned it into cold hard cash. The kids had fun putting all of the cans into the machines and were especially excited to get all the money in return. Now I know why people quit their jobs buy a bicycle and walmart bags then scouer the roadside for forgotten treasures - for the thrill of it.
I was always a little worried that the machine was going to grab his little fingers and suck him in. I wonder if I would have gotten a quart for it.




2 comments:
They have recycling machines that give you money for cans? I'm pretty sure I pay to have someone pick up my recyclables.
And do they really make white chocolate crosses? I would feel guilty biting into it. Especially for white chocolate.
Yep, little R2-D2s that have an insatiable appetite for metal and children's fingers willing to give you money in return for a shot at those stubby fingers holding root beer cans.
You might feel guilty, but with one bite you're in heaven.
Post a Comment