Sunday, June 6, 2010

May, the month of graduation and fun

We didn't know where to look, but it looks like the kids got it right. Graduation at the Naples Philharmonic, does that mean that I get a dual degree? Law and music composition?
At least Alicia looks good. I look like the Purple Pie Man from Porcupine Peak. A Strawberry Short Cake reference...not that I watch that....anymore.
Elle put her head in this alligator's mouth upon my insistence. What a good influence I am on my children. The biggest shocker is that she actually listened to me.
Beck visiting the manatee park. I guess the manatees had a day off, because we didn't see even one. Lamest manatee park ever.
It was Colonel Mustard with a sweater vest in the stroller! Dun, dun, dah!
Elle is Bo Derek in "10." I never actually saw the movie, but this reminds me of the movie cover. O.k., I give up...it's one of my favorites. But, really...just kidding.
Elle fishing on the Naples pier. We met an old man fishing off of the side. He would throw this chicken wire into the water, which had a red string on it. He would pull it up and there would be a few fish on it. Elle told me, "I love to fish, Dad." When I go fishing I never catch anything, she's 4 and she caught several.
It was funny to see the fish flop around in her hands, she got so excited. When we told her to throw the fish back into the water she wound up for the pitch and threw the fish into the railing of the pier. She tried. The fish, stunned, sunk into the turquoise waters of the Gulf to "sleep" with his friends. Happily ever after of course.

5 comments:

The Godell Family said...

Congratualtions on your graduation. Very exciting!

manda carol said...

So funny! We miss you guys so much! Love the pic of Elle with her head in the alligators mouth. :)

Amber said...

Congrats on the graduation. Hope the move went well. I love the photo of Elle with the fish. AND I'm sad I never made it down to Naples to visit.

manda carol said...

I miss you, please blog again soon!

Josh said...

I will after July 28th. :)