Monday, June 8, 2009

Naples!!!

I pulled in to town late Sunday afternoon after my 1,300 mile drive down I-75. It wasn't really all that bad, except for the truck being governed at 70 mph. Naples is humid, muggy, sticky, stuffy, watery aired, and hot - but it's nice. Here is a picture of our new place, which has palm trees - PALM TREES! I thought palm trees only existed in books.
I pulled in to town with a mustache something like this. (Actual mustache not pictured, because one might become blind from shear awesomeness.) I defended it by saying that it was my "truck drivin' mustache." It was WAY greasier than the above pictured. Elle wouldn't sit by me for a couple of days even after I shaved it off, because she said it was "gross." I guess we've trained her well.
We have these little guys running all over in front of the house. They're kind of cool, until they latch onto you and inject their lizard venom.
Ah, the beach. Beck decided to take us to the beach and then he rudely fell asleep. I guess he'll fit right in here in Florida - grouchy, sleepy, bad driver. We all got our first sunburns in Florida on this beach. Alicia got the worst of it and now she is dubbed, "red back." Unlike at the Oregon coast I stayed out in the water for a long time playing in the water. It was a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I can't wait to visit! Your new house looks so nice!

AngiDe said...

Uhhh, I'd say you new place is just a bit nicer than your one here... just a bit ;)

What a fun pic of you guys at the beach! Can I say jealous?!?!

Seriously get some more sun burns for me.... actually just kidding! Hope your current sunburn heals into a nice tan!

XO

Kristi said...

It looks so great in Florida! Maybe you'll get used to the humidity and you can save money on things like lotion and chapstick. :-) I am glad you guys are getting settled and that you got there safe and sound. Enjoy the warm ocean!