Wednesday, March 4, 2009

(Now)voo 2009

It was a cold March day when the Schreiners left Nauvoo. Fortunately they did not take the oxen and wagon, but rather a hard to start Toyota Previa. As much fun as it would have been to make the trip to the Rockies with Don and Duke here I am grateful for the "modern" ammenities that we have.
At the visitors center we found Alexander Schreiner's Performing cape. I wonder where his performing half mask was. For some reason they wouldn't let me wear it even though I persisted on my lineage.
Elle making rope in the Family Living Center. Great! I can have her make it and then tie her up with it.
Outside of Carthage Jail. One of the favorites of the Trip to Nauvoo. Beck is in there - I promise.
Elle learning about spinning wool. Very exciting!

2 comments:

AngiDe said...

Nice play on words! I like the Elle making rope pic and the caption! Fun times!

Laurie said...

Larry and I went to Nauvoo a couple of times when we were back there. We miss Michigan. You have a beautiful family. We miss you too.