Saturday, January 17, 2009

North American International Auto Show '09

Because we are not going to be around Detroit forever (and I have a week off) Elle and I decided to go to the car show downtown. It was a good time getting in from the cold and being on the receiving end of corporate swag.




Elle staring at "the future" - a Lincoln. (pictured above)


Elle climbing out of "the future" with this BYD (Build Your own Dream) auto from China. They are promised to be sold in the states in 2011. But I guess not this model, because it is a gasoline engine and not their hybrid/fuel cell. I couldn't really listen too close because I was chasing Elle.

This was also right around the time when the photographer from the Associated Press took the picture of the kids. Please watch for their mugs in a paper of magazine near you!



Here is my paparazzo shot of Elle as she does something really important to her navigation system. Or perhaps she is cranking up the stereo to play her Silly Songs.




Elle and the Hamisch boys in front of this Audi. I didn't see what it was because we were running too fast following the kids.



It was hard to get Elle to stand still long enough for this.



I just like this one because it looks like it was ripped right out of a magazine. AND this is what every zit-faced teenage boy dreams he'll drive one day. AHHH...those were the days.




The only car that I got to sit in. And it was an old man's car. Whatever.

Just like their commercials...fast, bright, and seizure inducing. But, it is a good picture...if I say so myself.

0 comments: